webTOD can be used by Canadian employers (and/or their accountants):
- to calculate payroll deductions for employee paycheques.
- to print a statement of employee earnings and deductions that can be given to the employee along with their net paycheque.
- to check payroll deduction calculations produced by their current payroll software.
- to calculate payroll deductions for temporary or part-time employees who the employer does not wish to set up in their existing payroll software.
webTOD can be used by Canadian employees:
- to check their employer's calculation of payroll deductions on their payroll cheques.
- to calculate the expected net amount of an upcoming paycheque.
- to determine the change in total payroll deductions that would result from a change in their TD1 and/or TD1P claim amounts, or from a change in RSP/RPP deductions, etc.
webTOD can be used by Canadian payroll software developers:
- to verify the accuracy of their software's Canadian payroll tax deduction calculations.
- as a demonstration of the functionality and accuracy of the Canadian Payroll Tax Library (CPTL) programs, a library of Canadian payroll withholding tax calculation functions available for licensing to payroll application software developers. The CPTL programs, which are available as Windows DLL and/or Linux shared library modules, allow Canadian payroll software developers to out-source their Canadian payroll tax deduction module requirements, saving development and maintenance costs, and ensuring ongoing and up-to-date compliance with all federal and provincial payroll tax guidelines and requirements. For more information, click here.