From the 'Customer & Sales' module click on 'New Customer'.
Under the 'General' tab:
- Enter the legal name of the Customer in the field labeled 'Name' (max. 50 characters), select the appropriate category from the drop down menu and enter the Customer's business number in the field labeled 'Reg No.'.
- Enter the Customer's address (street name and number, city, country, province/state, and postal code/zip code) and any contact information (name of contact, phone and fax, email, or website). A valid email address should be in the format email@example.com.
- Select a Sales Person and enter the commission code in the field provided.
Under the 'Account' tab:
- Select any applicable credit information and enter the credit limit for the Customer
- Choose the appropriate Billing terms and preferred method of delivery for invoices.
- If you are adding a sub-customer, select the "Sub-Customer" check box. Select the parent customer from the drop down select list and choose whether to bill with the parent customer or to bill this customer directly.
- Status will default to 'Credit'.
Under the 'Taxes' tab:
- Enter the tax number for each sales tax.
- If the Customer is exempt, select the check box beside that tax.
Under the 'Overtime Rules' tab:
- Enter the limit for daily and/or weekly regular and overtime hours worked.
- Select whether overtime rules are applied to Billing and/or Payroll.
When the form is complete, click on 'Save' to create the Customer or 'Save and new' to create the current Customer and load a new form to create another Customer.
Required fields are labeled with an asterisk ( * ).